Department of Agriculture
Pakistan is among the population bulging centers of the world. The demands for food and clothing are among the biggest challenges being faced by the country. Malakand Division comprises one-third area of Khyber Pakthunkhwa with an immense potential for upland farming and horticulture. The peculiar terrain and its agro-ecological conditions warrant a distinct package of production technology for horticultural and field crops as compared to the central and southern plain areas of the province. The area is bestowed with the marvelous natural resources like timber and medicinal plants but besides maize, potato, vegetables particularly off-season vegetables, dry and fresh fruits of this area have no match in the whole country. Hence, Agriculture is a recent addition into the galaxy of Departments at the Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University, Sheringal Dir Upper during 2015-16. Currently, department offer specialization in Food Science and Technology (FST) while in future the department has plan to offer Plant Breeding and Genetics (PBG) and Horticulture.
Outcome of the Program
- Graduates of the Department of Agriculture (FST) will have an ability to cater for the country needs in food production and management. Further, they shall also have the potential to anticipate and cope with the future challenges in food industries.
- Students of the Department shall have the ability to plan and conduct food technology related laboratory experiments. They would also be capable enough to analyze and interpret the results of different experiments.
- Students will capable to run the research project with state of the art/modern techniques and technologies.
- Students of the Department would possess effective communication skills in the form of written, oral and graphical presentations.
- Graduate of this Department would seek job opportunities in the different government sectors especially in food production, security and safety.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
BSc (Hons) AGRICULTURE (Food Science and Technology)
Program Duration: 4 years Teaching System: Semester System Start of Sessions: September Admission Criteria: F.Sc. (Pre-Medical and Pre-Engineering) Total Seats: 50 Total credits: 140